Monday, March 3, 2008

On the topic of gayness

I was watching the movie Clue with my parents this weekend and this movie is from the 1950s. Anyways, in this movie Mr. Green is a in the closet homosexual and is being blackmailed by a certain individual. And I found it funny that when this fact came about in the movie, the two other men who were sitting on the couch next to him in the lounge got up and moved. Then at the end of the movie he reveals his true identity and states that he was going home to his wife. I found this very interesting since in that day and time it was unheard of to be a homosexual and it was put in a movie???? what does everyone else think???

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

Really interesting post! There is a great film called The Celluloid CLoset that looks at images of homosexuality in film from the beginning of the 1900s. Easy to rent -- I think you would find it interesting.