Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TOPIC FROM 3/4 CLASS

Pocahontas......


heres the link for the real story about Pocahontas....
cheack it out. (to the left is a painting of the real Pocahontas, not the disney portraid one)

(to the right is how Disney portraid her and her story)




On the Topic about Disney Princesses......

And about the discussion today on the topic of Disney Princesses I decided to go on google and look at the ways these princesses are advertised, and here they are.....




(notice this first one only shows WHITE princesses)



(notice this one includes the major advertised princesses and majority are WHITE with the exception of Jasmine)




(notice this is the only one that shows a little DIVERSITY, by including Jasmine and Mulan; however the majority still consist of being WHITE)
I have never seen this last image of the Disney princesses ever in my life, but I think that it should be used more often to eliminate a stereotype in culture. If I was Asian and I always saw the same WHITE princesses on everything, I would feel left out anf upset... now how do you think a little child would feel????

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

These are excellent!! I love the pocahontas pics you put up here as well!!

LB